Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Good Intentions...God Intentions

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." ~ Genesis 50:20

Don't those words just radiate comfort? Read them again and let them really soak in. Claim those words over your life today. As I complete my study on Genesis, Joseph speaks these words to his brothers shortly after the passing of their father, Jacob. These words not only brought reassurance and forgiveness for his brothers, but a profound truth for our lives. God's intentions are always good. This is a promising truth for us to remember. You and I are part of a greater plan. There is a significant amount of power upon your life that helps you influence others for the Lord. Paul so beautifully lays out God's intentions for our lives in Ephesians 1. 

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,  in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,  who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people,  I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.  I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,  and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 
 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead...


Couldn't have said it more eloquently myself. I love God's Word. I highly recommend printing this passage and reading it until you have it memorized! I pray this over you, my friends. I pray that you would walk in a Spirt of wisdom, as you parent your children, work at your job, care for your husband, and serve in your church. I pray that everyday you would know Jesus better and more intimate. I pray that you would walk in hope and know that you are a powerful woman of faith! God takes whatever is intended to harm you and turns it into purpose! Just think, you are a part of a bigger plan and that plan includes saving lives! Your life is leading others to salvation when you walk in the confidence of God's plan. Yes, there will be days that are hard. But those days have purpose. You have a seal set upon your heart and you walk with power! You are an unstoppable force! Trust in God's intentions above all things because we know what he always follows through!

Until the whole world hears, 
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment