Friday, May 2, 2014

Destined for Greatness


When you think about the great heroes of our faith, who comes to mind?  What made them great?  What do they all have in common?  Were they of noble birth?  Did they receive divine revelations, then step out in faith?

Most of these heroes were ordinary people, chosen by God to be used in an extraordinary way.  So what about the rest of us, can we become great in God's Kingdom?  God certainly can become GREAT in us, and that is the ultimate goal!  God must be GREAT in us, lifted up, and glorified!  When He's high and lifted up, ministry is birthed!

" And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32

So you may be asking, "What's next?" or "Where do I start?"  Honestly, start ANYWHERE!  Just start SOMETHING!!  All too often we're waiting for permission from a person we admire, or for someone else to catch our vision.  Either way, when no one seems to catch the vision, or we don't hear the thundering voice from Heaven, we're left feeling hopeless that we could ever make a difference.  I would challenge that because we've been given the mandate to "Go into all the world..." (even if it's a small part of the world, like your own backyard...GO!!).  Also,  I feel as women, we tend to feel limited with our time and resources.  We have so many things on our plate:  kids to care for; work; serving in church ministry; etc.  We feel trapped and isolated, leading to feelings of doubt that God could ever use us. Dear sisters, this is completely untrue!

 Wherever God has placed you, just remember you're in that specific place for a reason!  Embrace where you're at, then pray and ask God to open your eyes to the needs around you!  Remember, whoever's been faithful with a little, will be entrusted to much!

Scriptures to read:
 
"And he said unto them,' Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.'"
Mark 16:14-16
"And he said to him ‘Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’" Luke 19:17

Thoughts to ponder:

*Where has God placed me?
*What are some of the needs around me?
*What can I do to reach out to those around me?
*Am I allowing God to use me?
*How can I become Great in the Kingdom of God according to scripture?
*Is my life a living testimony of radical faith in Christ?  If not, how can I change?

Join the discussion, and let's hear your thoughts!

Yours in the Journey,
Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment